Thursday, December 1, 2011

One and Done!





And now it was time to celebrate - for mommy. Twin mommies say the first birthday is a celebration for the mommy. Throwing yourself a party for making it through the first year with a sense of accomplishment and relief that there will never be another "first year" with twins to go through - at least not with these twins. What the other twin mommies keep telling me in my "Mother of Twins Club" is that is only gets easier from here. I breathed a huge sigh of relief because we have really had quite the year. First, I had my own celebration with "the adults," we also had cake...

With one very significant birthday candle!

Mimi helped me bake and bake and bake. We were going to throw a birthday bash! But we had to perfect the cake. I had Amy's cake recipe and handholding, but we still wanted to do a trial run. So on April 27, 2010, we had a private celebration with momy, daddy and Mimi.










Unfortunately, they had never eaten cake and did not know what to do with their miniature 3 layered, beautifully decorated, pink and blue birthday cakes. I think we may have helped them out just a little.





Now it was time for the Birthday Bash with all their friends.  We had their small pink and blue "smash" cakes and one for everyone. The house was decorated with pink and blue helium balloons in all the rooms.












Since they had a little practice, they were ready this time!





Say Goodnight, Nate...looks like he's heading for the sugar crash!

No comments:

Post a Comment